COLLEGE OF MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS
EDUCATION CITY, DOHA, QATAR
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, has commissioned the development of the College of Media and Communications for Northwestern University at Education City, Doha, Qatar. The development involves the construction of 1 Basement + Ground + 3 Floors, with approximately 38,000 square meters built-up area. The design of the project has been undertaken to achieve LEED certification at Gold level under LEED for New Construction and Major Renovation v2.2 rating system from the U.S. Green Building Council.
The Main Contractor of the Project, REC-HBK JV, in keeping with their commitment to sustainability, has engaged the services of Green Technologies as their LEED Consultant (Construction) to oversee and provide advice on LEED requirements and strategies necessary for achieving Qatar Foundation’s sustainability goals for the project. Green Technologies has a track record of delivering green and sustainability projects in the Middle East and Asia.
Green Technologies has conducted a LEED Workshop with the Main Contractor to induct the construction team into the LEED process, documentation procedures, LEED action plan, and integration of the specific LEED requirements into execution of the development. These are essential to ensure that the target Gold rating will be attained by the project.
Green Technologies Scope of Work:
- Conducts workshop and training with REC-HBK JV’s Project Management Team on LEED implementation pertaining to the construction work
- Establish and implement all project specific LEED required procedures, documentation submittals, reports, and others that are required to ensure compliance with the LEED requirements.
- Provide guidance / advice and assistance to the Contractor in order to achieve LEED score requirements
- Develop LEED Action Plans pertaining to REC-HBK JV’s scope of work
- Develop LEED Progress Reports for the construction work
- LEED documentation submission to Qatar Foundation pertaining to REC-HBK JV’s scope of work